This morning, in the midst of lockdown number 5 in Victoria, I had a little party in my loungeroom as the Federation Business School Commerce Ballarat Business Excellence Awards finalists were announced.
It’s a totally honour to be named a finalist in the City of Ballarat Creative Industries awards category along side two other incredible businesses – Stoke Design and Form Imagination. What a hoot!
- Cafs to create a night time projection of art celebrating and supporting the LGBTIQ community in Ballarat
- guide YMCA in how to film footage themselves and send to me to edit so we could produce a series of 5 online videos to help engage at risk youth and teach them how to repair pushbikes
- work with Grampians Disability Advocacy to create a 15 minute documentary on one incredible Indigenous women sharing her story of her experience of being stolen from her family as a child (to be released soon!)
- Create a podcast with Women’s Health Grampians, helping diverse women with intersectional backgrounds share their lived experience stories in Regional Victoria.
- Work with a network of schools in Melbourne to edit hours and hours and hours of zoom interviews into short videos that highlight the learnings from remote learning during the pandemic
- A second project with Women’s Health Grampians to create a series of videos highlighting the impact of Covid on young women’s experiences of Mental Health and Employment.
- Create a series of 5 videos for Hume City council to explain the importance of early learning to new migrant and refugee families.
- Developed and taught a photography short course for Survivors of sexual abuse and published a book of their work for the Continuous Voices project
- Created a music video responding to peoples experiences of the pandemic for City of Ballarat’s “In So Many Words” project
- Receive a grant from Creative Victoria and complete a research study called Photographers as Changemakers and write a report of the impact of photography on social change, with interviews with 18 photographers across Regional Victoria.
- Receive a grant from Regional Arts Victoria to invest in livestreaming equipment and help adapt and stream Ballarat theatre maker Marg Dobson’s show Picture Her for Melbourne’s Photo 2021 festival and allow VCA students to share their major show.